Friday, March 5, 2010

Thing 17

I don't think it's a coincidence that this website is called Del.icio.us. This is so neat! I just created an account and I am really looking forward to using it. I also subscribed to the APSU Rss feed. It's so nice to think finding good resources is truly this easy. I think the best part of these bookmarking sites is that they can be accessed from anywhere. People today are constantly on the go. It's a refreshing thought to know that all of the material that you have saved is available as you need it. I love how you can interact with others and share valuable information. It's like searching for sunken treasure online!
I watched the tutorials for the other bookmarking websites as well. Magnolia has re-launched into Gnolia. There's a wait list to become a member, so they must have a huge demand for users. Furl looks great as well. On this one you can actually subscribe feeds to your friends, even if they aren't users. I thought this was pretty neat. I can definitely see the potential that these programs have to change the educational world. There used to be a time when books were one of the only resources for information. Now we can share findings and tools with such simplicity.
I think teachers could use this so effectively, especially those that were teaching in the same subject area. Del.icio.us would allow them to all add tags under a specific account so that they could see what great ideas were floating around the school. Or the school could even have an account where all of the faculty members could add to it. I looked at the network badges and I think that would be perfect to place on a classroom website. Parents, teachers, and other colleagues could all have access to your tags on Del.icio.us. I added one to my blog...go check it out!
It seems like the learning process is reaching a whole new level. It's already far surpassed what I thought was possible and I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment