Monday, March 8, 2010

Thing 19

I love the idea of Teacher Pop. It's true that teachers need to have a good reputation on the Internet. People should know who we are because of the good that we do. What better way to do that than to promote higher standards and share learning experiences? I'm very excited about being a member of this. I added the badge to my blog and also found some great ideas from other users on TeacherPop. I actually thought it might be a good idea to start a Ning Network for preservice teachers who are also Army wives. It's called The Life of a Teaching Army Wife. It would be a great way to create bonds and share some of the experiences and trials that go along with these two jobs. I started the network and I'm working on getting some members so it will be up and running. You can find my badge on my blog. If you're an Army wife who is also in the education field, come and check it out!
I also decided to become a member of GoodReads. What a cool site! I had heard of this before, but I never got around to checking it out. I love the idea of keeping a list of books that I have read. Before this, I used to write them all down in my journal. I want to be able to tell my children when they get older which books are must reads. Now, I can keep track of all them and even make a "to read" list as well. It's a great place for book lovers from all over the world.
Classroom 2.0 is such a neat network. It promotes Web 2.0 and social media. There are just so many places to go and not enough time to explore them all! I would definitely use this in the future. I love bouncing ideas around and these kind of applications are the perfect places to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment