Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thing 20

YouTube is great site, but as stated time and time again, you have to ignore the negative videos floating around out there. I think it can be very beneficial and it gives people a means of expressing themselves. After searching through many videos, I found one that I thought gave a great message. It's titled "Do you teach or do you educate? I think it brings up many good points, as you'll see when you watch the video. When I become a teacher, or should I say educator, I want to promote lifelong learning. I want my students to succeed throughout their lives, not just in my classroom. I think many teachers have lost sight of the true goal. I just want to make sure that I never forget why I chose this profession. It's important that we all become educators, ones who empower students. I love the message of this video and I hope that you do as well! I definitely think this site could be used both in the classroom and personally. I already had an idea about posting one to the Ning network that I created. Students love to learn visually, so using something from this website could greatly enhance your lesson. I will definitely be using it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment